Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Extended SAL!! Please join in - all are welcome!

Blog Entries
    Images
    looking forward to seeing a photo of your new/old WIP
    hugs Chris x - GK WIP -Boys on the Shore
    http://smg.photobucket.com/home/merrick10uk

Images
    Me too!!
    Wendy

Images
    Silly thing! I wanted grinning smileys. I found some gorgeous baby animals tonight that would look really good on an afghan. I've already got the fabric and I've always wondered what to do on it. So many projects I want to do... Sigh...
    Last edited by cantgetenough; 10-31-2015 at 11:45 AM.

Images
    Seeing Chris is about to go away I've decided to show you what I'm stitching. I don't know why they call them WIPs because they're not actually 'in progress' until we pick them up again!
    I realised this morning that this is a fantastic design to practise parking on. I'm not going to jump in with both feet but am just doing areas with two or three colours for a start. I also didn't do full 10x10 grids but started with the roofline to the right of the chimney and just went between the darkest symbol and the edge of the roof. Next I'll do the light area next to the chimney, which also has only two or three colours, maybe four. I've already done most of the roof on the left and a lot of the chimney. Chris, your blue/grey sky is a perfect opportunity to learn the basics of parking. I'll explain it in a nutshell a bit later, but none of the links I found in the forums helped me. I found the youtube videos extremely hard to follow and it was only when I googled and found someone who explained it simply that it all made sense to me. I'd say it's definitely got some advantages but I'd never use it in a high confetti area like my Flower Garden. Anyway, here's my current project:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ingle Nook Cottage - 12 x 8 on 16ct.jpg  

Images
    Glenda that's a pretty cottage and no tedious background to stitch, enjoy your parking
    Abi.....

I used to be indecisive but now I'm not sure

Images
    I'd actually forgotten I had this picture on the computer and I thought the cotton colours were a bit insipid so I'm glad I found the picture. It's a pretty relaxing stitch and not very big. It's from The Craft Collection in the UK. They don't exist any more but Anchor seem to have taken over some of their designs. I'm pretty sure they were originally part of the Readicut company that makes latch hook rugs.

Blog Entries
    Images
    Glenda such a pretty - typically English cottage and thank you for putting the picture up before I go away

When I get back from my holidays all rested I should be on the next row and I think (so long as I remember) I will try a patch of parking and I will google it to see the simple versions thanks for the heads up Glenda
    hugs Chris x - GK WIP -Boys on the Shore
    http://smg.photobucket.com/home/merrick10uk

Images
    I won't let you forget to try parking, Chris. I've got the links somewhere to the best site/s I found but they're on my old computer. I need to swap to the old computer soon so I can do some printing so hopefully I'll be able to post them by time you get back. I'm pretty sure I'll find them in an email to a friend. I found the info on the Scarlet Quince site to be helpful where it describes parking, but you can't do large projects that way. She mainly talks about coming up in the holes that already have the least threads in them, and going down in the holes that have the most threads (corners of crosses). This is helpful generally but it didn't explain how parking is done on a large scale, or not as far as I was concerned. If I did it her way I'd be changing needles every few stitches! Anyway, I'll wait till you get back to post the links that helped me the most. If I say any more I'll just confuse you.

Hello, everyone, I see that some of you have already shared their wonderful embroideries. I enjoyed looking at the cottage, it looks so nice.
    Here is my Sun Moon. I had quite a lot of time to do some stitching, so the progress is good, at least I'm satisfied. I'm going on vacation tomorrow, so I won't be able to do anything for the next 10 days.
    The first picture shows what I had two weeks ago, the second is today. I see now that the colour seems different, but I was using different phones to take a picture. And the scale is a mess too. Sorry for that. I'll try to improve in time.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	01.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	272.1 KB 
ID:	6129Click image for larger version. 

Name:	02.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	338.1 KB 
ID:	6130

Images
    Great progress, Julia. I'm sure the others will say the same thing as me in that it's impossible to get the colour and scale the same every time so don't worry about it. I find it's best to take my photos early morning when the light comes in my front window, but even then the pictures still come out different all the time! Enjoy your vacation, and I hope you don't get withdrawal symptoms from not being able to stitch.