Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: September Friday - Monday GK and non-GK SAL

Images

September Friday - Monday GK and non-GK SAL

Good morning all! This week is our SAL for both GK and non-GK projects. I'll be continuing on with my Woman in between golf games. It is getting colder here during the overnight hours, but the daytime temperatures are almost setting records, they are so high. Today is supposed to be 28 C with a humidex of 35!

Will anyone be joining in?
    Wendy

Blog Entries
    Images
    thank you Wendy I will be in with boys
    hugs Chris x - GK WIP -Boys on the Shore
    http://smg.photobucket.com/home/merrick10uk

Images
    Well, we broke the temperature record for this day in history. In 1942 it was 27 C and right now we are 29 with a humidex of 36 - it is so, so hot and will be for at least a couple more days, then it will go down to more seasonable mid-September temperatures - high teens and low 20's.
    Wendy

Images
    Wow Wendy that's hot we barely reached 15c today and no sunshine at all, you must be wilting

I'm in with Gallery
    Abi.....

I used to be indecisive but now I'm not sure

Images
    Yup, I was wilting, but still trudging around the course! I can't wait for tomorrow morning so I can do it all over again - just like little kids going out to play!!
    Wendy

Images
    I'm in with woodstump. It was 28 on Monday when I went to Melbourne for a special church day but it was back to 15 the next day. It was nice to get out of winter clothes for a day though. It wasn't humid so it was really nice.

I'm tired and frustrated this week - picked up a new computer yesterday and the promised port for my old printer is non-existent. There was only a chance I could have used it with Windows 8.1 anyway but I deliberately chose 8.1 over 10 because of the printer so I was really upset that I can't even plug it in. Now I'll have to get a new printer for the new computer and just plug the old printer in to the old computer when I've got a stack of printing to do (things like cross stitch charts, etc). I've got heaps of cartridges and I can't afford to just throw them out, and I even have a spare printer that I bought secondhand (cheap, thankfully, but hopefully I'll be able to use all my old cartridges).

I hated 10 and went back to 7 on the old computer but that caused all my emails to duplicate and I can't read a lot of them, but I can't delete their duplicates that I can read. So much for Microsoft saying I could always go back to 7 if I didn't like 10. The old computer was super slow and probably on its last legs so I decided to get a new one before it died rather than after. Wish I'd bought it two or three months ago while Windows 7 was still available. I have a friend who bought one with windows 7 on it back in June or July and I envy her!

My sewing machine stopped working on Wed night so I dropped it off yesterday for a service/repair and bought a new el cheapo as back-up. I'm hoping to make a few things to sell so I really need to have a reliable machine now, and I was in the middle of an order when this one stopped working. So drama, drama and more dramas for me this week. I feel really flat because of what happened with the computer. I wish I hadn't but I went online and this firm sounds really dodgy, but this is where I bought my last computer almost 5 years and I've had no issues with it so hopefully the man who works in this branch is different to his boss.

I've got lots of stitching done on Woodstump but need to do a bit less because my eyes have got worse again. I need to eat lots more liver but I don't think it's just that. I'm not touching my new computer until at least Sunday because it's very different to 7 and I need to be quite calm before I attempt to figure it out.

Oh, and I can't figure out how to tune the video recorder to the tv. I can watch videos but not record them, which I want to do so I can get to bed early! I bought it four years ago but could never get my head around so it's just sat there until now. They changed our tv to digital about three years ago and I couldn't get the tv to work for a long time so there was no point in trying to get the vcr going. Everyone said my aerial was the problem but when I bought a new tv it set itself up with no problems, all on the same aerial. I HATE CHANGE - I must be getting old!!

Images
    Wendy enjoy your day trudging round the course

Glenda it's good to see you back but you sound totally frazzled and worn out.Take it easy and rest up, computers and sewing machines can wait
    Abi.....

I used to be indecisive but now I'm not sure

Blog Entries
    Images
    glad to have you back Glenda and as Abi says you sound worn out xxxx hugs coming your way xxx Just take a deep breath and leave the computer where it is for a while hun and then when you know you can cope with the ups and downs of reinstalling everything onto a new one then have a go xxx

Wendy enjoy your playtime on the golf course
    hugs Chris x - GK WIP -Boys on the Shore
    http://smg.photobucket.com/home/merrick10uk

Images
    I'm in with my Autumn Montage.

Poor Glenda, I'm worn out just reading your post. Hope everything settles down and things start working again.

My week was not any better, after getting a other car for our son, the other ones motor was bad, he wrecked it after only 4 weeks. Luckily he is ok but the car is a total lost. If it is not one thing it's another, I'm about to loos my mind with him. Thank god for stitching...
    Angela
    GK: Corner Of The Villa
    Other Projects: Cartography I and Spring Montage

Images
    Oh Glenda, what a time you're having! I'm very interested in your computer episode - ours is ageing and I certainly don't want Windows 10 or 8. The 7 is good enough for me - I'm a creature of habit.

Angela, you are very fortunate that your son wasn't hurt. It could have been really bad for him with a car that was totalled.
    Wendy