Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: June Friday - Monday GK SAL

Images
    The fancier the pattern, the more I love knitting. I go through phases where I like cables, then it's lacy patterns, then something else. I never learnt crochet or lacemaking - don't like most of what's made with crochet (except for fine doilies and the like) and I'd find tating too fiddly and time-consumin

I re-arranged the GK symbols on my computer and printed them off in groups of similar symbols to use as needle organisers. I made some floss cards and stuck strips of symbols along the middle, then stuck the cards to three layers of packing foam. The gaps between the symbols are so I can wrap tape right around the card and the foam without having to put holes through the tape. I didn't really need the holes but there'll be no doubt as to which symbol belongs to which needle. Now all I have to do is re-make the floss storage cards with the symbols in the same order. I'll skip the symbols that I'm not using in this project but I put them all on the needle sorters because I can use them again for the next project. The next project... I think I'll be alternating this one with a few other WIPs.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails needle organisers 1.JPG   needle organisers 2.JPG  
    Last edited by cantgetenough; 07-01-2015 at 01:29 AM.

Images
    Glenda, you've made great progress - it's nice to see her arm developing. Don't worry one iota about the horrid brown. It will all work out beautifully when it is all stitched in. I remember when Francois stitched the Head of an Arab Man (or Man in Turban - I can't remember the proper name) and he was really worried about all the green in his face, but when he finished stitching it, it was perfect!

Abi, there is beautiful detail in your domed church, and also in the new building that has appeared. I am so glad that you decided to resume stitching on this masterpiece!

Speaking of tatting, we have some friends whose son learned to tat from his grandfather. He is now a doctor, and when he got married he tatted all the lace on his wife's wedding gown. How special is that??!!

Here is my very small progress. I played in a two-day tournament on the weekend, along with a practice round on Friday. Then --- Peter had an unfortunate incident at our golf course on Saturday - he ran a few steps to go back to get a club that he forgot to pick up and heard a snap in his leg, then could hardly walk. It turns out that he has a tear in his calf muscle. Sooo --- he sat in front of the television all weekend watching baseball, and I wasn't about to stitch with that noise going on! He's much better today and thinks that he may be able to golf again in two or three weeks. He is going on a fishing trip tomorrow, but it will be from a canoe so he won't have to walk on uneven trails.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Woman in a Green Jacket 001.JPG 
Views:	6 
Size:	171.1 KB 
ID:	5726 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Woman in a Green Jacket 002.JPG 
Views:	7 
Size:	162.8 KB 
ID:	5727
    Last edited by WendyLee; 07-01-2015 at 01:40 AM.
    Wendy

Images
    Wendy, I hope Peter can sit still long enough for his leg to heal properly. Most men won't accept that things need rest in order to heal! Pity you haven't got some headphones you can wear when he's watching the TV.

Yes, loved the story about the man making all the lace on his wife's wedding gown!

Every extra stitch is progress, and life is meant to be enjoyed along the way.

Images
    He's a typical man Glenda, and thinks he knows best! He even thought he was going to go out to mow the lawn the next day. At least he came to his senses before he did more damage.
    Wendy

Images
    Thanks Wendy, small progress is good and your stitching is beautiful Enjoy the weather and the golf while you can, plenty of time to stitch in winter Best wishes for a speedy recovery for Peter and I hope he he has a great canoe fishing trip.
    Abi.....

I used to be indecisive but now I'm not sure

Images
    Thanks Abi, and I'll pass on your good wishes to Peter.
    Wendy

Blog Entries
    Images
    Wendy, any progress is great progress-you're coming along fine!

I'm so sorry about Peter's leg-a torn muscle can be so painful. I hope he's going to be on the mend quickly.

I, too, love that tatting/wedding dress story-so romantic and sweet!
    Nirmal

Images
    Thank you Nirmal!
    Wendy