Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: May Friday - Monday GK and non-GK SAL

Images

May Friday - Monday GK and non-GK SAL

Good morning all! It's great to know that May will actually be arriving tomorrow - now our spring weather will finally start to improve. This weekend is our SAL for both GK and non-GK projects. I'll be continuing on with my Woman, but my daughter will be home so my stitching time will be somewhat limited. Will anyone be joining in?
    Wendy

Blog Entries
    Images
    I will be in with Boys
    hugs Chris x - GK WIP -Boys on the Shore
    http://smg.photobucket.com/home/merrick10uk

Images
    Count me in with my hydrangeas. I don't know how much I'll get done because I have to paint my house windows urgently because they're already rotting. They've forecast a week of sunshine so it's my last chance before winter. I made my alternative frame holder for my stand (Edmunds Stitchers Wonder floor stand).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails new frame holder 1.jpg   original holder with quick release knitting needles.jpg  
    Last edited by cantgetenough; 05-01-2015 at 12:52 AM.

Images
    It won't let me edit so I'll do another post. I can rotate this one fully but the curved corners on the original one stopped it rotating even if the rods were shorter than what I've been using. The original had a bolt with large knobs through the side bars but I replaced them with a broken knitting needle and a cable needle so I could release the frame quickly if I wanted to flip it over and get at the back better. You're not supposed to look at the cobwebs on the wall, just at the stand!

Blog Entries
    Images
    blimey Glenda you are just so ingenious - that's fab use of broken knitting needles and I look forward to seeing more of your hydrangeas x

Images
    I'm in with Pink Rose,

Glenda good work on the stand
    Abi.....

I used to be indecisive but now I'm not sure

Images
    Isn't it lucky I didn't throw that broken knitting needle out, which I normally would! I can use full length needles because they won't touch the fabric and I usually stitch close to the bottom of the frame. If I leave my subconscious to work on a problem it'll often come up with some good ideas - and I've only been trying to work out how to make a simple stand for about three years. I've been thinking a LOT clearer in the last few months than at any time in the last six years so who knows what I'll come up with next.

Images
    I'm in, not sure with what or how much I can get done. The weather is absolutely wonderful, so a bike ride is on and we go see some friends tonight. All this social stuff is really cutting into my stitching time, not sure if I like this.
    Angela
    GK: Corner Of The Villa
    Other Projects: Cartography I and Spring Montage

Images
    Glenda, you are quite the inventor! I envy this talent. I'm glad you'll be joining in the SAL.

Enjoy your social time Angela - the stitching will always be there!
    Wendy

Blog Entries
    Images
    Glenda I wish I could invent things to make my life easier also inventing is one thing but making is another...... neither myself or my husband are much into DIY - that's why he always worked overtime to pay for someone else to do it - our excuse is that we are keeping someone in a job hehehehehe x he has threatened to do a course on 'handyman' things when he retires but I would prefer to keep our retirement funds for spending on goodies not repairing what he does wrong lol he admits this himself by the way it's not just me being awful he certainly does not take after his dad that's for sure x