Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are cropped pictures allowed to be uploaded to Suggestions?

Images

Are cropped pictures allowed to be uploaded to Suggestions?

When I upload a picture to the Suggestions gallery, does it have to be the full, original version of the picture or can I crop it if I don't like part of the picture? I know sometimes part of the detail of a picture is released as a pattern, but wasn't sure about uploading the picture. I can upload the full and cropped versions if it's a problem.

Blog Entries
    Images
    not sure Glenda but you can upload and see what happens most of us wouldn't know anyway
    hugs Chris x - GK WIP -Boys on the Shore
    http://smg.photobucket.com/home/merrick10uk

Images
    Hello Glenda, fantastic question and I would love to know the answer as I, too, have a painting I would love to suggest as a cropped (detailed) version. Alternatively, Marcus does release large versions of the pattern and so one could buy the largest pattern with the thought of only stitching the section you want.

With the painting I am going to suggest, I am going to add in the comments section that it would be lovely cropped and see what happens.

You can always ask for it as a prerelease pattern and ask him then to crop it. I am sure he would.
    Roz

Images
    Roz, I took over a third of the picture off the bottom. Smaller versions cost a lot less and I'm thinking it'd be a waste of my money to buy a large version and then only use half of it. It's also easier to know exactly where you want to have the bottom if it's cropped before it's done as a pattern. My middle name is Scrooge so I'm hoping this one would be released without me having to pay for a pre-release. :o) If I upload the full picture and just suggest a crop, nobody (including Marcus) is going to know exactly where to crop it to. Everyone may have a different version in their mind. I think I've got two options - send an email and ask, or just upload the cropped version and state in the comments that it's been cropped.

If the images are in the public domain I can't really see a problem with cropping them. Some have dirty edges from where the pictures have been taken out of a frame and that bit is naturally cropped. I see a lot of pictures that I'd like to take part of them out but that's a different story to just cropping part of it. Sometimes a little bit of cropping can make a world of difference to whether you'd stitch something!

Images
    Glenda, I would suggest the right thing to do is to contact Marcus.

I can see if one or two people start cropping the Gallery could go crazy with cropped pictures and I think cropping a painting would be a decision only Marcus would like to make. The painting I have to suggest, not this month, I can easily ask for it to be cropped in the comments as it is pretty straight forward but no-one has ever suggested a cropped painting before so your question is very good. Anyway best answer .... ask Marcus.

I look forward to seeing what you put forward.
    Roz

Images
    Yes, I think you're right, Roz. If in doubt, ask!

Images
    I've just sent an email to Marcus and will let you know what he says when I hear back.

Images
    I've got a whole heap of pictures that are waiting to be uploaded into the Suggestions gallery. I've still got a few more but I'm sticking to my better ones at the moment. I love a lot of pictures I see but I go off a lot of them slightly when I find better ones. There are a couple of my previous suggestions that I'd love to see released so I can get them. One was released last week.

Blog Entries
    Images
    and did you buy it Glenda
    hugs Chris x - GK WIP -Boys on the Shore
    http://smg.photobucket.com/home/merrick10uk

Images
    Not yet. I want to buy three at once and get the discount, plus I can't make up my mind whether I want the extra detail in the large size - but the large size is HUGE.