Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: boys on the shore :)

Blog Entries
    Images

boys on the shore :)

Right the decision has been made. I am doing my boys on the shore that Marcus did especially for me I am I. The process of getting all together but I have had to order the fabric 18ct davosa as I loved using that x so here is what it will be like when I complete the 24 pages
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2589_6.jpg  
    hugs Chris x - GK WIP -Boys on the Shore
    http://smg.photobucket.com/home/merrick10uk

Images
    It's a beautifull pattern, Chris! Good choice! Looking forward to seeing your updates on this one.
    Mireille
    GK - WIP: Virgin and Child with Saints and Donor.
    GK - WIP: The Adoration of the Kings.

Blog Entries
    Images
    Thank you Mireille hope the fabric hurries up as am itching to start it

Images
    Have you seen the new patterns yet? They are beautiful. There is one I ones suggested that has made it into a pattern. It's 3253, Le Bandeau Rouge. It's gorgeous! Never understood why this one got voted out. Mayby later this year I will give it to myself as a present. I am absolutely short of patterns...
    Mireille
    GK - WIP: Virgin and Child with Saints and Donor.
    GK - WIP: The Adoration of the Kings.

Images
    I'm glad you were able to make your choice Chris. I love this one! Hope your fabric arrives soon - although you'll have lots to keep you occupied getting your floss ready!

Mireille, the Bandeau Rouge is gorgeous! I hope you buy it for yourself - we don't want to find ourselves short of patterns!!!
    Wendy

Blog Entries
    Images
    Hahaha Mireille I think we are all short of patterns heheheheheheheh x am off to look at the new patterns

Thanks Wendy x yes I will be getting that ready tonight and will suffer the repetitive conversation from Pete's mum as I do it xxx

That is a beautiful pattern Chris, looking forward to seeing your progress.
    I am trying very hard not to buy any of the new release charts, there are some gorgeous ones there

Images
    What's the latest on his mum, Chris? Is she with you permanently, or just periodically?
    Wendy

Blog Entries
    Images
    hi wendy, no she is going back to her apartment on Monday with an extra care package - hopefully it will work but neither Pete or I are holding our breaths...... this decisions is his sisters and her family's decision - why he let them make the decision and go along with it I don't know as they are in Dublin and only come over for a couple of days at a time which means that Pete (mostly) and me are the people who have to go and check on her during the 23 hours per day that the carers are not with her but we will see if it works - if not back to the drawing board and hopefully Pete will put his foot down and make the 'manly' decision instead of going along with them I hope it works because I have no desire to see my mother in law in a home before she needs it but she definitely needs someone with her more than 2 half hour sessions a day and we can not do that when she is at the apartment she doesn't bathe here she waits till Pete takes her back to the apartment and she doesn't change her clothes here no matter how often I ask her to short of stripping her and taking them off her myself there is not a lot else I can do I have asked Pete to have a word with her - he says she told him that she rinses her 'smalls' out in the bathroom sink - she doesn't because if she does they go away in a draw soaking wet and she doesn't use soap - unless she is using face wash...... so we will have to see what is going to happen - the care package is to be reviewed on a monthly basis but if I think the carers are not doing what they should like there weren't last time and that was why she ended up in hospital then I will down on them and the family like a tonne of bricks. so watch this space girls and wish us all luck xxx

Images
    Lovely pattern Chris, looking forward to your start

Best wishes to all re your MIL, it's hard to deal with but keep your chin up
    Abi.....

I used to be indecisive but now I'm not sure