Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: January Friday - Monday Non-GK SAL

Images

January Friday - Monday Non-GK SAL

Oops, we just finished our year-end SAL and I almost forgot our 2015 beginning SAL, which will run from tomorrow, Friday, Jan. 9 until Monday, Jan. 12! I will be continuing on with Water Baby. Will anyone be joining in?
    Wendy

Images
    Thanks Wendy, I'll do a bit on Pansies, I think Jane is here for the weekend so any stitchy plans can be forgotten
    Abi.....

I used to be indecisive but now I'm not sure

Blog Entries
    Images
    I will probably stick with Cattlea
    hugs Chris x - GK WIP -Boys on the Shore
    http://smg.photobucket.com/home/merrick10uk

Images
    This might not be the right place, but I just had to vent! I took my Sundowner Rose in to a national chain store to have it custom framed using some money given to me for my birthday. I just picked it up this evening. I'm thrilled with the frame/mat choice, but the double mat is crooked in the frame. It's not crooked against the stitchery, it's visibly crooked in the frame to the unaided eye! I measured and the distance from the frame to the inner edge of the outer mat is 1.5 mm different on the right side than it is on the left. There is an inner mat and that only has a 1.2 mm reveal on one side and a 1.4 mm reveal on the other side! This is the first time I've ever used this national chain store for custom framing, but they started in Hollywood in the 1940's, so it's not exactly a cheap, disreputable place!

I am utterly disgusted! Darrell & I are going to go and talk to them in the morning. I was going to post the photo on the thread for completed GK's, but I need to take a photo in the daylight since all I get tonight is a blue blotch in a corner from the flash.
    Leslie

Images
    Leslie how disappointing for you to spend all that time stitching something so lovely and then to have someone else **** it up. It is such a shame and I do hope that you can sort it out with the store and get it re framed to your liking.
    Abi.....

I used to be indecisive but now I'm not sure

Images
    I'm sorry to hear this, Leslie. It sounds like they don't respect someones effort and hard work. They should frame it again for you, free of charts. I hope you can come to an agreement with them. Good luck.
    Mireille
    GK - WIP: Virgin and Child with Saints and Donor.
    GK - WIP: The Adoration of the Kings.

Images
    What a disappointment Leslie. I can just imagine how excited you were to get it back. I am sure that they will fix it for you, no questions asked. Keep us posted on how you make out!
    Wendy

Blog Entries
    Images
    Oh Leslie how disappointing and so annoying. I would be so angry with them and I hope you can get it sorted hun x
    hugs Chris x - GK WIP -Boys on the Shore
    http://smg.photobucket.com/home/merrick10uk

Images
    Well, I dropped it off with them and they said they would fix it. It's just the mats that have to be re-done, so it shouldn't cost them a whole lot of money. They said they would call me when it's done. Here's hoping.

This is not a place I've used before. This was Aaron Brothers, a chain of stores started in Hollywood in 1946. We shopped there a few times when I was a kid. They ran a special right after Christmas for 50% off, plus 20% off, so I figured "Why pay as much for the same professional work when I can get a screaming discount?" I guess you get what you pay for! Even if they correct it right, I won't be going back!
    Leslie

Images
    I'm happy to hear for you that they will fix it. I hope it will be to yours satisfaction. I like to see a picture when you've got it back. Lets hope they will call you soon, so you can enjoy your framed stitchwork!
    Mireille
    GK - WIP: Virgin and Child with Saints and Donor.
    GK - WIP: The Adoration of the Kings.