Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Finding Fabric

Images
    Have fun with that Gail - I don't envy you! Don't wait too long to start your Turquoise Sea though. We're all awaiting updates!
    Wendy

Blog Entries
    Images
    I agree wth Wendy we hope you start your turquoise sea soon x

Also Gail I know BC is huge and summer 2015 we visited out son in Victoria on Vancouver island but we went to lake koocanusa on a boat trip and I was wondering where you are in relation to there and Vancouver
    hugs Chris x - GK WIP -Boys on the Shore
    http://smg.photobucket.com/home/merrick10uk

Images
    Thanks, Chris. I'm hoping to start soon - very excited about this project!

Where I live is just north of Vancouver, in an area called The Sunshine Coast. It is on the mainland, but access is only by air or ferry from Horseshoe Bay.
    I used to live in Alberta, not far from the BC border and where Lake Kookanusa is. Have been there to water ski many years ago - it's huge!

Images
    You made me curious about your location Gail, so I just looked it up. Wow, only 16 km from Vancouver, and on the mainland but still needing to get there by ferry. What a delightful place to live! The pictures are gorgeous. It's been a long time since I watched 'The Beachcombers' but at that time of my life I was just watching the show and not looking at the scenery.
    Wendy

Images
    It is beautiful here. Although we are having more winter than is usual for this area - and I moved here to get away from winter!

Although born and raised in southern Alberta, I've always been drawn to the ocean, but the main reason I came here is that my Mom and youngest sister and her family moved here almost 30 years ago. Whenever I'd visit I'd ask myself: Why don't I live here? Everything finally came together so I was able to make the move 6 years ago. Another sister and brother-in-law moved here shortly after I did, and one of my brothers and his wife recently moved to Vancouver Island.

There are issues here - lack of jobs and affordable housing, in particular - but everyplace has pros and cons. A lot of people who have moved here complain about being dependent on the ferry - and it can be an issue - but I look at it as just one more thing to plan around when going somewhere. And I'm not a city person so I don't want to always be going into Vancouver. And luckily, I was able to semi-retire a year ago and have a really great set-up for living accommodation with casual work.

Sorry for writing a novel here!

Blog Entries
    Images
    Gail you have the perfect setting able to get to the mainland if you want to but also seclusion of only being able to be reached by ferry I love the ferry over to Vancouver Island - we will be going in June and I am so looking forward to it no houseboat trips this time though

I am hoping we can do a few days on the mainland and have a good look around Vancouver and maybe a bit further out
    hugs Chris x - GK WIP -Boys on the Shore
    http://smg.photobucket.com/home/merrick10uk