Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: S..L..O..W progress

S..L..O..W progress

I finally decided to "take the step" and I began my project - #540 Winter Scene in New Haven.

I have stitched and stitched and stitched for what seems like hours and I've only managed 2 pages. It still looks like a blob.

Need encouragement!

Debby

Blog Entries
    Images
    Debby upload photos so that we can see what you are doing and have done hun, we all feel the same when starting our project but these few pages that just look like 'blobs' are so essential to the final picture as you can see from all our updates Rachele is currently stitching in brown, brown and more brown but knows that very soon she will get to the flowers the same with me on my new project Cattlea Orchids & Hummingbirds I am doing grey, grey and more grey at the moment and hope to soon hit another colour and I have nearly done the first page Just enjoy the stitching time and the bonus of a beautiful picture will soon start to show sharing on here does help by the way xxxxx
    hugs Chris x - GK WIP -Boys on the Shore
    http://smg.photobucket.com/home/merrick10uk

Images
    Debby keep stitching Ive just seen your pic and it looks great I know its a dark winter scene but once your away from the sky I'm sure the rest will be interesting to stitch.
    Abi.....

I used to be indecisive but now I'm not sure

Debby, I have just been to have a look at Winter Scene and that is a lovely picture. It is going to look even better stitched.

You have a lot of 'allies' here who are not going to let you give up so soon or so easily. I was barely two weeks in on my brown background of my flowers and getting seriously despondent about the number of variations of brown I was having to stitch. Everyone rallied round, pushed me in the right direction (standing behind me prodding me in the back with a large stick refusing to let me give up is probably a better way of putting it ) and I am so glad I didn't. Even though I am still on the background and have a good couple of months to go on that, I can see progress. I have stitched enough to see definite flower and leaf spaces appear. I also found it helped to stitch a couple of complete rows across the top. Where abouts have you started on yours?

I post two pictures every week on a Monday of my previous weeks stitching to see how much I have done. it's the comments I read after I post that really keep me going. Everyone loves brown on this board. Going to the WIPS to see your progress.

Have patience and you will look at it one day and realise a tree has appeared or the top of the barn is done. It just takes a bit of time. But at the end you will have a marvellous masterpiece completed. The real joy is starting with a blank piece of fabric and at the end a beautiful picture. All in all, a heck of an achievement.

Hang in there.
    Last edited by Rachelecm; 09-20-2013 at 12:53 PM.

Thanks for the encouragement and "prodding". I think I'm going to need more of that. But helps to know that "everyone loves brown". LOL

After the first page (last year!!!), I just couldn't take it anymore and I put it away to work on another piece (not a GK). But New Haven kept calling to me, so I went back this summer. I started in the top left corner and have done pages 1 and 2. Pages 3 and 4 will be almost exactly the same. I was wondering about moving down the left side for awhile. I know I'll hit the barn roof if I do that and then I'll do a huge "Yippee!!!".

Here's the end of the first two pages:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1000600.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	943.7 KB 
ID:	3559

Images
    Great Start, Debby! Right about now, I wouldn't mind a little bit of brown. I love my blues & greens, but a change up with a little brown would be nice! Just think - those are 2 pages you won't have to do again, and you are closer to doing the barn and all that snow! You are doing a great job and I can't wait to see more updates
    Leslie

Images
    It's looking great, keep going you get through the brown.
    Angela
    GK: Corner Of The Villa
    Other Projects: Cartography I and Spring Montage

Images
    Good idea Debby I'm stitching Hafen and because there's loads of sky I decided to work downwards. I'm really enjoying it!
    Abi.....

Quote Originally Posted by Abi View Post
    Good idea Debby I'm stitching Hafen and because there's loads of sky I decided to work downwards. I'm really enjoying it!
    Abi, I just had a peek at Hafenwotsit, and it is gorgeous. And wow! You've done so much!
    And all those windows!!!

Images
    Thanks Debby Windows sky and water whats not to love
    Abi.....