Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Am I crazy?

I did it! I just ordered my kit and hopefully it'll be here soon. I'm a bit anxious because I have never done anything so biggggggg, but I'll just take it one day at a time. I will try to post my progress as I go.
    Once again, thank you all for your words of encouragement and for your warm welcome! I really like you guys now,but who knows in a year or two when I'll feel half crazy for undertaking such a big project LOL....

Monica

Images
    Welcome, Monica! And congratulations on your first purchase! As many others have said over the years, it's just stitching one page at a time and it is the joy of the stitching, even more than the completion! I can't wait to see you get started and post some photos of your progress
    Leslie

Blog Entries
    Images
    Monica congratulations on ordering your first GK Kit you will enjoy every minute of it did you order 'the children' one? I look forward to watching your progress xxx

I now have the task of choosing another to stitch now I have completed RBTW x mmmmmmm this is not going to be an easy task when I have so many to choose from
    hugs Chris x - GK WIP -Boys on the Shore
    http://smg.photobucket.com/home/merrick10uk

Images
    Congratulations on your purchase Monica! Unless it drives you stark, raving mad, you will enjoy it immensely. Please don't forget our updates and progress photos!
    Wendy

Images
    Monica how exciting for you I hope it arrives quickly for you and I'll look forward to seeing your new start pics
    Abi.....

I used to be indecisive but now I'm not sure

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by WendyLee View Post
    Congratulations on your purchase Monica! Unless it drives you stark, raving mad, you will enjoy it immensely. Please don't forget our updates and progress photos!
    What she said ;-) - what did you get Monica? I have 3 in my stash...havent come close to starting one yet!
    ...Ive watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate...

Hi Teraza....

i bought K2345, Children. It's my first Golden Kite pattern and I suspect I may be in a bit over my head, but I'm excited nonetheless. I guess it's going to take a while to arrive since I'm in Mexico, but I'm mentally griding, sorting and planning how I'm going to tackle this humongous project! As soon as it arrives I'll post the news.

I'm thinking I'm going to grid with a washable pen rather than how I usually do with nylon thread. Since this pattern is so big, much bigger than any of my scrolls, I just ordered Qsnaps and I think I'll try stitching with those. I've never stitched with Qsnaps, but I have used hoops and I have stitched in hand, so we'll see how it goes.

Which patterns do you have? Are you working on anything now? Do you have any pictures?

Monica

Blog Entries
    Images
    Hello Teraza as Monica says above we would love to see what you have in your stash and what you are currently working on if it helps when I stitch a GK chart - well the only one I have done up to now that is lol, I look at each A4 page as one project - I don't look at the whole (in my case) 32 pages because that was quite daunting. I looked at them only when I had completed a page and took the photograph of the whole thing to put on here to show my progress x Just take the bull by the horns and come and join in with our SAL's - we have two different ones - a GK chart and a non GK chart and you can join in both or none it is all just up to you but sometimes this helps us to get further on a project that we may have thrown into the UFO pile for a while and of course it lets us nosey lot on here see what each person is doing there is no pressure whatsoever it is just a bit of fun x

Hi Chris,

i see that you said you work your patterns page by page. I have done that in the past with larger projects, but then I read how some people say that you could see where it was worked like that. I don't know if I'm making myself clear, but can you see the cut off lines, ( for lack of a better word ) when you work page by page rather than the the "whole" pattern at once? I certainly understand how much less frustrating it is to complete a whole page and then get a feeling of accomplishment and not feeling overwhelmed. But, can you see a difference in a project worked in this manner?

Monica

Blog Entries
    Images
    I know what you are saying Monica and yes whilst I am stitching my project I can see the 'cut off' lines but when I have washed it and pressed it you can't see them anymore and I do try to finish my thread off at the back by weaving it across through to the previous page to eliminate the little lines - when I have washed RBTW I will press it and take another photo so you hopefully will be able to see the difference x hope this helps xx