Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Am I crazy?

Images
    Ah yes, we are all so crazy, and nobody else understands us. It's a good thing that we've all found each other!!
    Wendy

Blog Entries
    Images
    Hi Monica and welcome to GK I wouldn't say you are crazy just maybe a little mad like the rest of us I look forward to seeing your updates too I like everyone else do more than one project at a time - I currently have two cross stitch on the go - my GK Reading by the Window which is nearly finished after nearly 3 years and my Midnight Dance which is a Dimensions Gold one I have stitched and completed several in the 3 years that it has taken me to stitch RBTW which is why it has taken me so long to stitch it.... but I have never got bored with it and I am so excited now as I only have just over 1 A4 page to go on it so I think I will be stitching quite a bit on it over the next few weeks then I have the onerous task of choosing a frame....
    hugs Chris x - GK WIP -Boys on the Shore
    http://smg.photobucket.com/home/merrick10uk

Images
    Hello Monica and welcome, as you see we are all in the same boat. When I tell my husband he just shakes his head. I grid and mark my patterns, I don't park I don't think I could keep all those threads straight. I do love my scroll frames, I hate having fabric flubbing around. But you do what you feel most compatible with so you can't go wrong. Have fun starting, looking forward to your progress pictures.
    Angela
    GK: Corner Of The Villa
    Other Projects: Cartography I and Spring Montage

Thank you for the warm welcome, Chris and Angela!

Although I love computers and I'm a bit of a geek and I love to read forums ( the message board at 123stitch.com is my favorite) , I'm much more of a lurker than a participator. But, I'm thinking that maybe when I begin this project I will join the SALs. I know that when I see everyone's WIPs it motivates me to continue with my stitching. I'm thinking maybe if I begin following everyone's progress it may just help me getting over those " this is so boring, all I'm stitching is gray" humps. To those of you that have posted, I have gone to your profiles and some of you have the most spectacular pieces! When I see such beautiful works, my fingers get itchy for my needle.

Thank you for the encouragement ladies!
    Monica

Images
    We will await your progress photos with great anticipation Monica!!
    Wendy

Thank you Wendy!

Blog Entries
    Images
    Monica it will be lovely to see your WIP when you decide to join in our SALs I think we all feel the same way here - we all inspire each other non of us are experts we just enjoy doing what we love and we love to see our finished projects and we love to see our friends finished projects even more

So hurry up with your last page of RBTW Chris.

Blog Entries
    Images
    lol slave driver lol quite a bit done - will get some more done tonight I hope

Images
    Hi Monica! Welcome to GK. Yes there are wonderful Gk patterns being stitched and so many beautiful ones finished over the years in the Gallery. Look forward to seeing your own work.
    HeleneIn GK WIPs Gallery: Odalisque
    GK Finishes: Pallas Athene; Portrait of Countess Golovine; Still Life With Roses On A Ledge