Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: Crystal Ball S2371

Images
    Thanks Angela
    Abi.....

I used to be indecisive but now I'm not sure

Abi, I can imagine it was rather hard to lace the back with the Davosa, but you did a beautiful job of mounting her and framing her!!!

Images
    Thank you Lucy It was hard as I was scared of pulling her out of shape by lacing too tightly and the Davosa soon distorts. I'm only a novice but I am very pleased with her and GK solids are fantastic patterns!
    Abi.....

Abi, she is stunning!

I would be scared to pieces to try lacing/framing one of my own. I am impressed with the wonderful job you have done stitching and framing her.

Abi, I can understand how the Davosa would be hard to lace because it is rather loose weave fabric when it comes to pulling the lacing tight. I always lace all mine also and the ones I did with linen, I had to be careful the same way you did. I think even a experienced person would have the same problem, I see no way of getting around it.

Images
    Thanks Bobbi You should try it sometime, it's not hard just time consuming

Lucy your right Its very a loose weave and the threads seperate but I got all my rows of stitching straight down the frame edges so I was well pleased. I imagine Linen is just as bad if not worse.
    Abi.....

Images
    Simply gorgeous finish and frame, Abi! Congratulations. I like the oval detail in your frame. It enhances the pattern in her gown. Really a perfect choice to show her off. And fun I bet having her on your wall!

Abi, you will love stitching Countess Golovine! I am so excited for you. Great choice. She has such a bright, welcoming gaze and face. Her eyes reflect a depth that will draw you to her every stitch you make. And her head wrap is so good! She hangs in our hallway and all who walk up toward her look at her love how she is looking at them with those welcoming eyes. I am excited to watch her come alive again.

Are you doing the portrait version or the full version?
    HeleneIn GK WIPs Gallery: Odalisque
    GK Finishes: Pallas Athene; Portrait of Countess Golovine; Still Life With Roses On A Ledge

Images
    Thank you Helene I'm stitching the portrait version and I cant wait but I must try and finish Iris first or I'm afraid she will be put to one side. The Countess is beautiful and your framed piece is just gorgeous

Helene I just looked in the store and cant find a full version. I haven't seen that one but I bet its stunning
    Last edited by Abi; 04-27-2013 at 10:26 PM.
    Abi.....

Images
    Thanks, Abi. The Countess was on older pattern so the full version is not available I presume because I do not see it in the store either. Also mine was in solids and that is also not available. But you can find the full version image if you search "Countess Golovine painting" on the web. It is an amazing one because it has this fabulous embossed gold octogonal frame around it and Marcus had included the frame in his pattern. Worth taking a look.
    I would work on finishing Iris too because even that head wrap around Countess Golovine is going to have you entralled and you won't want to stop.
    HeleneIn GK WIPs Gallery: Odalisque
    GK Finishes: Pallas Athene; Portrait of Countess Golovine; Still Life With Roses On A Ledge

Images
    Helene thank you I searched and found loads of images! Its gorgeous and the gold frame is stunning. She's all kitted up and ready to go and I cant wait to finish Iris then I can start her. Her headband is lovely and she has the most gorgeous smile
    Abi.....