Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: July Friday - Monday SAL

Images

July Friday - Monday SAL

Oops, I was half-way to the golf course this morning and realized that I forgot to announce our SAL!! My daughter will be home this weekend and our whole family will be having our annual summer party, so I likely won't be stitching at all. Will anyone else be participating?
    Wendy

Images
    I started my GK Lighthouse last night! I'm so excited . There's a number of things I'm trying new - one of them is that I ran out last night to a local quilt shop and found one of the water soluble fine point pens for doing gridding. I got a section of my fabric gridded, then discovered that I had miscounted, so I had to rinse part of it and start over. Now, I've got smears of blue ink running on my fabric, but it will disappear when I rinse it after I finish stitching, in the meantime, I'm embarrassed to post my photos until I cover over all the smears! I guess I"ll just have to get a LOT of stitching done this weekend! I have to leave my house earlier than normal because of all the showings, so I'll go to Darrell's house. I won't be doing much playing though! I broke my toe last night as I was climbing into bed, so I have it propped up to hold down the swelling. It doesn't feel good to walk on, so I won't be walking or bike riding for a while! That means lots more stitching time!

So, after that long epistle - Yes, I will be participating this weekend!

Wendy - I hope you enjoy your family gathering. It sounds like a wonderful time!

Leslie

Blog Entries
    Images
    Leslie, how awful! Your poor toe! I hope you feel better soon-but yes, you get more stitching time!

Wendy, enjoy that family dinner!

I will be joining in with my Accolade, but we are having wonderful weather now, so let's see how much I do!
    Nirmal

Wendy,

Thanks for starting the SAL and you enjoy your weekend with your family.

Leslie,

Oh! ouch, keep that foot up and enjoy your time stitching!! Couldnt you wash all the blue markings out?? or did you just rinse a certain part of it? No matter, just have fun stitching on our new project, I can not remember what your Light House looks like?? Can you give me the pattern number so I can go see? I love Light Houses!!!

I might join in, not sure, I have been working alot on my scarf I am knitting and its getting very close to being finished. Although my Wait For Me is starting to call to me!

Images
    Oh Leslie, I'm sorry to hear about your toe. Now ... couldn't you have broken it doing something more physically active??!! Well, it makes a really good story! Seriously though, I don't like to think of you being in pain, and I can understand how it would be very painful to walk.

It sounds like your house is being shown multiple times. That is an excellent sign! I hope you soon have an offer.
    Wendy

Images
    Lucy - My Lighthouse is S1702 - solid, small.

My husband has convinced me to take my sore toe to the local urgent care center tomorrow to have them tape it for me.

The other news is that there have been 4 prospective buyers through my home this week and the people that came today want to see it a second time tomorrow! We might have some action real soon!

Leslie

Blog Entries
    Images
    ooooh!!!! Leslie that sounds a painful way of making sure that you can sit and do more stitching aww seriously honey I so hope it heels soon for you xx

WOW!!! on the home front, I have my fingers and toes (sorry) crossed for you that these people will buy xxxx

Oh and I will be in with RBTW x
    hugs Chris x - GK WIP -Boys on the Shore
    http://smg.photobucket.com/home/merrick10uk

Sounds like it is going to be a very busy weekend for all, Wendy you have a wonderful time with family. Leslie it sure sounds positive on the house front, I feel for you, I broke my thumb not so long ago making the bed - guess this has to be a 'bed' thing for broken joints? It was extremely sore socan guess how you feel, for sure get thr nurse to tape it up it will feel better for you and help. Please can I join in with my first GK chart S1682 Winter Forest in the Sunset, will have to get some hep with how to post photos but I can stitch!

Images
    Seeing it a second time sounds like great news, Leslie! Your future of living with your husband is beckoning!!

Oh Glenda, I'm so happy your will be joining in the SAL - your very first one!
    Wendy

Blog Entries
    Images
    Glenda its fab that you are joining in with the SAL and I look forward to your updates
    hugs Chris x - GK WIP -Boys on the Shore
    http://smg.photobucket.com/home/merrick10uk