Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: I cut my fabric

Glenda,

The actual mounting the fabric, if its longer then higher or the opposite doesnt bother me, but its looking at the huge piece of fabric and thinking about a stitch in everyone of those holes is what sends me into a panic

Blog Entries
    Images
    i look forward to your photo Glenda In my mind when I am stitching on my large piece I just imagine that I am doing lots of small items i.e. one page at a time but that they are just all on one piece of fabric - that way it doesn't scare me so much in other words I don't look at the big picture too often just my one little A4 page that I am doing x and I always say that I am in this for the long haul so I know it is not going to be finished in a few months like others I have and am still doing
    hugs Chris x - GK WIP -Boys on the Shore
    http://smg.photobucket.com/home/merrick10uk

That is what I do too Chris, even stitching Haed charts which are quite big this one has to be the biggest yet and when I held up the fabric i just couldn't see A4 pages all I could see was the squares gridded off each of which represented an A4 page and there were oodles of them, so I folded it up quickly before my mind took off and was never seen again?

Blog Entries
    Images
    lol I know what you mean Glenda

right I think it is about time I took myself to bed - Pete is on nightshift so I have the WHOLE bed to myself and I have to get up for work tomorrow - unfortunately so will see you all tomorrow - probably first thing whilst in work (prior to starting to do any) night night all x

Chris,

I never gave it a thought the way you think about stitching a huge piece. Quite a good way of thinking about it!! I might try that!! because I have a tendency to look at the whole huge piece of fabric and it goes well for awhile and then I think I just become overwhelmed with looking at so much to be done yet that I just get discouraged. Like my Wait For Me, even though I am half finished , my mind dwells on the fact this pattern is 72 pages huge! and I just become to overwhelmed with it all.

Blog Entries
    Images
    Lucy I only look at the fact that i am doing 32 pages of rbtw when I take a photo of the whole of what I have done but inbetween I prefer to think of large stitching as lots of small ones it helps me get through a large project much easier - not that it would work for everyone but I am quite simple really and can be easily persuaded to look only at the piece I am doing at present and I hope to have this page done in two weeks time x

Chris,

Makes sense to me Chris, I might give this a try!

Images
    Hello,
    I'm trying to figure out which picture you are doing? I'm going to be doing a South African Map that will be over 50 x 56 inches on 16 count. 150 pages of charts. I also am feeling a little giddy at the thought of all that fabric and will do it rolled up not on stretcher bars. I'm just waiting on some fabric to see if I can do it on 20 count instead so it won't be quite so large.

Images
    I'm new here and sorry but what does rbtw stand for?

Blog Entries
    Images
    hi and welcome to GK RBTW is 1050 READING BY THE WINDOW http://www.goldenkitestore.com/index...oducts_id=3116 which I have been stitching on for quite a while - 2 years to be precise

is your south african map a GK chart? I would love to see the picture of your map we have a SAL each weekend - two weekends are for GK charts and the other two weekends are for non-gk charts - this helps us get through our projects because we encourage each other and it would be lovely if you could join us with your stitching