Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: January Friday - Monday Non GK SAL

Blog Entries
    Images

Smile January Friday - Monday Non GK SAL

Dear All,

A new year begins, and it is already time for our first Non-GK SAL of 2012!
    I got involved today in a crazy project, knit/crochet food items to prepare the World Knitting Day event in Paris next June. I agreed and was given for free supplies to knit a lobster, lemon slices, shrimps and ice cream cones.
    So I think I will be busy with these during the SAL. The pictures should be interesting!

Who else will join me?

Francois

Francois,

I cant believe its this time already for the Non GK SAL, I have a feeling this month is going fly fast. Sounds like you have some very exciting projects to knit!!! I think this will be fun for you.

Not sure what I will be doing? I want to continue on my Lady at a Tree but also I bought some yarn today to crochet my daughter a scarf , her choice of color wasnt to my liking , she wanted "black" and there was no talking her out of it so off to the yarn shop I went today and come home with some Baby Alpaca Lace yarn, so I will be working on this scarf also.

Blog Entries
    Images
    Lucy, your scarf sounds exciting!
    I wanted to stitch on Orbis.... but I have my new plans now. I knitted and crocheted a slice of lemon this evening. Picture is not too good...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lemon1.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	66.5 KB 
ID:	905

Images
    What a nice lemon slice, Francois! I will look forward to your 'food' with great interest.

I'll be in with my Spirit once again. Lucy, that sounds like an interesting yarn. Have you ever worked with it before?
    Wendy

Francois, that lemon is fun - looks like you'll have an interesting weekend working on those!

I have been working on a Superman project off and on for a few years now. It's for a friend of my husband's, and my husband REALLY wants me to finish it, so my goal is to finish it for the friend's birthday in July. I thought I might have more motivation if I participated in these non-GK SALs with it - then I'll work hard to have progress to report on. I'm stitching it with 1-strand half stitches over 1 thread on 32 count fabric. Here's what it looked like this afternoon.

Name:	Golden Kite forum.JPG 
Views:	26 
Size:	352.0 KB 
ID:	906

Images
    Wow! It's the next SAL already . . . the first one of 2012!

Francois, your fruit looks really fun.

Wendy, I really enjoyed seeing the eyes of your "Spirit" appear! It will be wonderful to see more progress.

Sarah, Your Superman will be a big hit with the men, I'm sure! This is a good place to get inspired!

This is a big birthday weekend in our famiy with lots of birthdays to celebrate, so I won't have a lot of time to stitch. I'll keep going when I can on Freshwater Pearls.

Leslie

Blog Entries
    Images
    Thanks for the comments; I had time to knit the body of a lobster.... It just needs legs and claws and eyes and antennae.

Name:	lobster1.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	178.6 KB 
ID:	907

Wow, I love that Superman! Do you know where I could find Batman? He is my favorite... But not over one on 32ct!!!!

I think I found the Superman pattern on ebay or something. It's computer generated, so sometimes it can be a bit annoying in it's color placement, but it was the best design we found when we were looking for a Superman project to do. I decided to do it 1 over 1 with half stitches so that it would go faster, and it really is much quicker than if I was doing it normally since I'm only making half as many stitches. It IS quite small, though!

Lucy: The Baby Alpaca Lace yarn is wonderful to work with. I have knit a couple of shawls with it...not in black, though. Black is always a challenge for me to work on...look forward to seeing the scarf!

Nancy

Images
    Wow, Sarah, you must have the patience of a saint, working one over one on a 32 count - and linen at that! Great job!
    Wendy