View Poll Results: Of the total GK patterns you own, which one category do you have most of?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Portrait

12 57.14%
  • Landscape

3 14.29%
  • Children

1 4.76%
  • Flowers

2 9.52%
  • Animals

1 4.76%
  • Family scene /or Group scene

2 9.52%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: POLL! Of The Total GK patterns you own, which category do you have the most of?

Images
    Given the categories, it turns out I have more landscapes than anything else. I have five of those. Next is flowers (4), then portraits (3), groups (2) and one each of children and animals. The numbers actually surprised me. Not the landscapes. I love landscapes. But I was surprised at the number of patterns I have that have people in them - and people as the main focal point. I'm not generally fond of portraits, but the GK patterns do them so well that I just can't resist.
    Debbie K. in Illinois

Images
    Helene, interesting question and great poll. It got me thinking. Not for how many patterns I have that are portraits - almost all of them! But how many I have that arn't - 6 floral patterns out of hmmm ...... so, so many. I did not realise that and find it quite interesting.
    Roz

Blog Entries
    Images
    wow what a good poll x this is going to be interesting
    hugs Chris x - GK WIP -Boys on the Shore
    http://smg.photobucket.com/home/merrick10uk

Images
    Thanks, Marcus! Glad everyone is enjoying this one.
    Angela, you are welcome.
    Wendy, your love for portraits is evident in your beautiful work.
    Roz, funny how those flower patterns filter into our collections! I was surpsied that I had 8.
    Last edited by Helene; 10-26-2011 at 06:41 PM.
    HeleneIn GK WIPs Gallery: Odalisque
    GK Finishes: Pallas Athene; Portrait of Countess Golovine; Still Life With Roses On A Ledge

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Debbie Kluge View Post
    Given the categories, it turns out I have more landscapes than anything else. I have five of those. Next is flowers (4), then portraits (3), groups (2) and one each of children and animals. The numbers actually surprised me. Not the landscapes. I love landscapes. But I was surprised at the number of patterns I have that have people in them - and people as the main focal point. I'm not generally fond of portraits, but the GK patterns do them so well that I just can't resist.
    My numbers surprised me too, Debbie. I knew I had some flower patterns, but did not realize how many. And the groups were a surprise. Hadn't realized how many in that one either until I was checking off what I had in my collection.

Gk really does do portraits/people well. I can think of so many with just that perfect skin tone and shading, etc.
    GK Finishes: Pallas Athene; Portrait of Countess Golovine; Still Life With Roses On A Ledge

Blog Entries
    Images
    mmmmm i may have to go count all mine up and see what i have - just that I am scared to find out how many i have lol x
    hugs Chris x - GK WIP -Boys on the Shore
    http://smg.photobucket.com/home/merrick10uk

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by merrick10uk View Post
    mmmmm i may have to go count all mine up and see what i have - just that I am scared to find out how many i have lol x
    I think more than a few of us had this concern, Chris! LOL Maybe just put them in piles and the biggest pile is it.
    I went through the patterns in the store and counted them that way rather than go through my actual colletion. Of course, then I noticed a few more I would like and got sidetracked a few times.
    Last edited by Helene; 10-27-2011 at 03:31 AM.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Helene View Post
    My numbers surprised me too, Debbie. I knew I had some flower patterns, but did not realize how many. And the groups were a surprise. Hadn't realized how many in that one either until I was checking off what I had in my collection.

Gk really does do portraits/people well. I can think of so many with just that perfect skin tone and shading, etc.
    And the expressions! I've got Woman in White Holding Irises and I just love the expression on her face. It's the reason I purchased the pattern.
    Debbie K. in Illinois

Images
    Debbie, I had to go look her up. The name didn't click. Your Woman In White Holding Irises is #1171. And wow! I don't remember seeing her before. You are right. Her expression really catches your attention. You want to know what she is thinking. Who gave her the flowers? Did she pick them herself? Beautiful choice. Would love to watch you stitch her and see her grow. Lovely detail on her dress, and the columns and background give it a special feeling.

You are right. The facial expression is key. That is why I stitched Countess Golovine and Pallas Athene.

Images
    Oh yes, she is a beauty! I hadn't noticed her before either.
    Wendy