Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: May Friday-Monday NON GK SAL

Blog Entries
    Images

May Friday-Monday NON GK SAL

After our extended SAL, we are back to routine.
    So this long week-end shall be devoted to stitching on our projects designed by companies other than Golden Kite.

I am not sure yet what I will be working on... I did not put a single stitch in this week; I am too tired when I return from the office and I have been shifting my hours everyday before going back to regular hours next week, going to the office earlier and earlier every day (from 1:PM on Monday to 7:00 AM today and tomorrow), meaning I got reduced hours outside the office to do anything but sleep.

I hope you are luckier than I am, and to see many of you join in. Looking forward to your progress and happy stitching (or beading, if Lucy chooses so)!

Francois

Images
    I'll be in with my Spirit of Ubuntu, Francois.
    Wendy

I had tried to post progress on the Boyarina Morozova last Monday, but somehow was not able to do so. Since I've made quite a bit of progress on it this week, I wanted to try once more to post what I had done as of last Friday. Very glad to be able to work on this again! The top photo is of the total project thus far, and the second photo is a closeup of what I did between March 22 and April 29.
    Meg Lark

Images
    Good progress, Meg, I really like. I first saw this painting in the Tretyakov Gallery when I was 6 years. And then, when I again visited the gallery. I always stopped beside her. You're doing fine, choosing the story
    Elana

Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. The courage to continue - is what counts. Winston Churchill

My album

http://elana1145.blogspot.ru/
    http://www.liveinternet.ru/users/3988874/

Images
    I am in with Golden Morning. I had a cracy week not much done here or on the other picture.
    You been doing alot Meg, great job.
    Angela
    GK: Corner Of The Villa
    Other Projects: Cartography I and Spring Montage

Images
    Here is my befor, I tryed to add it to me post befor but couldn't figure put how.
    Angela
    GK: Corner Of The Villa
    Other Projects: Cartography I and Spring Montage

Images
    Great progress, Meg! I love seeing the whole top as you have it.
    HeleneIn GK WIPs Gallery: Odalisque
    GK Finishes: Pallas Athene; Portrait of Countess Golovine; Still Life With Roses On A Ledge

Blog Entries
    Images
    Here is my Before on Florinda. I'll take a whole picture on Tuesday so that you can locate the current page.

Francois

That's interesting, Francois! I would never have the confidence to proceed with "seeding" one color, even on a gridded fabric -- I'm still at the "10 x 10" grid stage. Looking forward to seeing the progress on this, also on "Golden Morning".

Thanks, everyone for the feedback on the Boyarina. Helene, the pattern as it printed out goes all the way across, then begins the second quarter of the painting, and so on. I'm working on page 3 now, out of six pages in this first quarter.

Elana, thanks especially for your comments. It means a lot to me to have someone here who has seen the actual painting, as opposed to the online resources that the rest of us have to rely on. I'm grateful to the Russian-American lady who gave me the online resource from which to copy this painting!
    Meg Lark

Meg,
    You have done alot of stitching since I seen the last picture. Its looking very beautiful.

Angela,
    Happy to see your Golden Morning again!!!

Francois, will be interesting to see your next page you are starting here!

I will be in with my Angel Quaker that I am beading. I havent worked on it for a bit so needs some attention lol

Before

After:

Lucy