Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 1663 - Nova Totius Terrarum Orbis Geographica

1663 - Nova Totius Terrarum Orbis Geographica

Ok, so I started it! I just couldn't resist. The fabric I purchased is HUGE and seriously intimidating so I have found a way to fold it that is manageable to work on the top corner and not scare me from commencing this project.

I have spent several hours on just this small section. This level 6 pattern is significantly more intricate that my level 4 Lily Pond. At this rate, I will be working on this project for 25 years! But, I love it and it is amazing. The color changes are amazing and even the cream border has depth.

I will be putting this away again for a while to make some progress on my Lily Pond but I wanted to share my small start with everyone.

Blog Entries
    Images
    Thanks for sharing, Amy! It is beautiful. I could not wait to see your start and will follow the progress over the next years. Welcome to the club LOL

Francois

Images
    Oh, I have inside all the thrills! This is - no picture, but ..... space! Amy, you need to finish it - it's absolutely stunning project (frankly, I'm licking a long time, as soon as I saw). I will follow your updates, and ... who knows, maybe I'll make up my mind to take it to your collection! !amazed ) you - well done! And fearless! !heart !heart !heart
    Elana

Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. The courage to continue - is what counts. Winston Churchill

My album

http://elana1145.blogspot.ru/
    http://www.liveinternet.ru/users/3988874/

Amy!!!
    Oh!! what a beautiful start!!! Its gorgeous, just what you have stitched so far.

Are you doing the Blended or the Solid pattern??

I must confess that I started mine also but I sure dont have stitched what you do Everytime I take it out to work on, I become so intimadated by the size of the fabric, its scares me to death and I put it away

Its going to be fun to watch you stitch this!!! I know your working on your Lily Pond which is absolutely beautful also!!!

Lucy

Images
    Wow, what a gorgeous start, Amy! Thanks for sharing it with us. Thanks also for your comment about the difference between Level 4 and Level 6. I had always wondered about it. Brava for trying one! !heart
    Wendy

It looks so wonderful, Amy! I also think about starting some large pictures, but when I think about 25 years... How many sheets are there in this one?
    Lyudmila

Images
    What a beautiful start, Amy! It might be huge, but it will be a fascinating embroidery to bring to life. Enjoy! !heart
    HeleneIn GK WIPs Gallery: Odalisque
    GK Finishes: Pallas Athene; Portrait of Countess Golovine; Still Life With Roses On A Ledge

Images
    Amy, it is a wonderful start. I look forward to following your progress with it. !heart
    Roz

Thanks, all. I appreciate the encouragement. When my husband saw the size of the fabric he looked at me like I was crazy!!

Karen - I chose the blended pattern. My Lily Pond is blended and I just think it is beautiful what can be accomplished with the blends. I will say that the constant changing of colors makes progress slow but I appreciate the end result. The nuances are amazing. Which version did you choose?

Lyudmila - The pattern is exactly 200 pages and I think I have approximately one done!

Amy,
    I can understand your husbands thoughts You could always show him the picture of Elana's finished "Art Room" and tell him it only took her two years to stitch it I know thats not reality to most of us but might give your husband the idea that there is hope lol

Lucy